Falcon, Colorado is a small, unincorporated community located in El Paso County. It has a small-town feel and a tight community network. In addition to that, Falcon also has an intriguing history regarding its own residential growth and development. What once was a quiet ranching community has now become a booming, exciting town.
If you're considering moving to Falcon, there are a few things to be aware of. First, it is a fantastic community that has mediocre weather. Falcon has many lively neighborhoods, excellent schools, vibrant shopping, and abundant great memories waiting to happen. Living in Falcon, Colorado is exciting and comforting. It has a great safe, the community feels and hosts many community events to support its' residents.
Living in Falcon, Colorado
Falcon, Colorado is a great place to live and raise a family. It has big-city amenities with a cozy small-town feel. There are steep rolling hills and large, mature trees far as you can see. Living in Falcon, Colorado, gives residents a terrific view of the gorgeous geological formations that rest in the state.
Best Neighborhoods Falcon
- Antler’s Ridge
- The Meadows
- Elkhorn Estates
- Meridian Ranch
- Woodmen Hills
- Paint Brush Hills
- Falcon Heights
- Sunny Slope Estates
The Weather in Falcon
The weather in Falcon, Colorado, varies greatly. You can expect warm summer days and cold, snowy winters which are most often cloudy. Temperatures typically range from 19 - 84 Fahrenheit, with the warm season typically beginning June and ending around mid-September.
The cool season is typically from the end of November until the beginning of March. The coldest month of the year is most often December. The weather in Falcon, CO, is one of the best things about living in the state. You can enjoy a wide variety of fun activities!
Arts, History & Culture in Falcon
The community of Falcon offers a lot of history, art, and cultural experiences to its residents. You can find historical landmarks with informative plaques throughout the neighborhoods and participate in many culture-inspired events. In addition, Falcon has many organizations in charge of creating a diverse cultural feel for the community.
Arts & Culture Activities To Enjoy In Falcon:
- Visit Black Squirrel Creek Bridge. Sprawling over 220 feet long, the bridge has stood the test of time, however rustic it might appear!
- Read at the High Prarie Library. Bookcases stocked with excellent books line the walls of this library. You can also find cozy reading areas to sit and enjoy.
- Take a stroll through Remington Ranch. The ranch fuses the busy hustle and bustle with calm, cozy and peaceful. It is a great place to spend time.
- Take in the exquisite architecture and enthralling history at the Taylor Memorial Chapel.
Get ready to invest in some good outdoor gear because you're going to need it living in Falcon! Between the weather, the climate, the exciting terrain, and the exciting landmarks, Falcon is a place to embrace the outdoors.
Activities To Explore In Colorado:
- Bird watching
- Wildlife viewing
Whatever outdoor activity you participate in, the scenery is stunning and will make you want to keep being outdoors. It's an excellent environment for positive mental and physical health. Living in Falcon, Colorado, you'll want to be outside. It's too beautiful not to be!
Best Schools Falcon
Falcon Colorado has some of the best schools in the state. Falcon School District 49 is a large district that serves thousands of students.
A few excellent schools in Falcon, Colorado are:
- Falcon High School
- Woodmen Hills Elementary School
- Falcon Elementary School of Technology
- Liberty Tree Academy
Where To Eat In Falcon
There are a handful of fantastic places to dine in Falcon, Colorado. There is a diverse food scene with exciting places to eat.
A few great places to eat are:
- La Mission - Serving traditional Mexican dishes and satisfying aromas
- Frankie’s Too Incorporated - Wood-paneled sports bar with a great vibe
- Swirly Cow Frozen Yogurt - a well-loved community fro-yo hang out
Shopping in Falcon
There are several great shopping stops in Falcon, Colorado. Whether you're searching for some unique home decor or boutique clothing, Falcon has a shop for you. Choose from large, well-known department stores like Walmart and Dollar Tree or small local-loved businesses like Honey Tea & Me.
Things To Do In Falcon
Living in Falcon CO gives residents direct access to exciting adventures. Indoors and outdoors, Falcon Colorado provides its inhabitants with many exciting opportunities. There are many bright green parks, soccer fields, baseball diamonds, and so much more. Some of the best neighborhoods in Falcon Co are right near great recreation.
Exciting Things To Do In Falcon
- Visit Drake Lake Open Space.
- Spend time at Royal George Rafting and Zip Line Tours.
- Wander through Smith Farm Market.
- Check out the Purple Toad Social Tap.
There isn't a shortage of adventures waiting to be had when you're living in Falcon. It is a great community with many excellent family amenities nearby.
Healthcare in Falcon
In Falcon CO., there are several emergency and urgent care centers. In addition, there are many counseling clinics, dentist offices, and all other primary health services.
Moving To Falcon, Colorado Tips
Falcon CO. is a beautiful place to live. The Colorado Red Rock gives the residents stunning views. A few things about living in Colorado are important to consider.
- If you don't already ski, now is the perfect time to try! Skiing is a trendy hobby among locals. There are many places to take lessons if you aren't already a pro.
- Craft Beer is an exciting industry in Colorado. In Falcon, CO, locals can enjoy a few different craft breweries.
- You're going to want good-quality outdoor gear. Hiking boots, windbreakers, umbrellas, etc. Living in this location gives residents an easy path to fun outdoor adventures! Many hiking paths, walking trails, and cycling routes can be found all throughout Falcon Co.
- Consider which neighborhood would be best. Some neighborhoods offer more amenities than others. Choose one that would suit you/your needs.
Whether you're moving to Falcon, Colorado, or just looking for inspiration to enjoy your community more, it's an excellent place to raise a family or live on your own. It's a pleasant area with friendly locals. And, being in Colorado, there's so much to do! Literally, right in nature's best playground, you're sure to become your best self living in Falcon, CO.